Grass-fed beef are much different than those raised in concentrated animal feeding operations (CAFOs). Grass-fed cows are raised their entire lives in open pastures where they must forage for their diet. This difference between grass-fed cows and those raised in CAFOs makes all the difference when it comes to the high nutrient content and overall health benefits of grass-fed beef.
By eating grass-fed beef, your health can be improved by consuming less calories and taking in a lot of great nutrients. Eating grass-fed beef also helps support local farms who raise their cows in humane conditions.
Grass-fed beef is leaner than regular beef, contains extra omega-3s, has less calories than regular beef, is four times higher in vitamin E than regular beef, and contains cancer fighting conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
GRASS-FED BEEF FACTS
- Grass-fed beef is more lean -making it comparative to chicken or venison, as far as fat content. This lowers your LDL cholesterol levels.
- Grass-fed beef is low in “bad” fats (including saturated fats), and contains 2-6 times more of a “good fat” (omega-3 fatty acids).
- Having higher Omega-3 levels means the beef is more heart-friendly, and helps lower blood pressure. Did you know that folks with high Omega-3 intake are 50% less likely to have a serious stroke? (www.americangrassfedbeef.com). Omega-3’s are also essential for the brain
- High intake is also associated with lower chances of depression, attention-deficit disorder/hyperactivity, or Alzheimer’s.
- These “ good fats” also help reduce the risk of cancer and can keep it from spreading.
- Grass-fed ruminants are also the richest source of another “good fat” – conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA. CLA is one of our most potent defenses against cancer, and studies show that when raised on pasture alone, meat contains as much as 5 times more CLA than in animals who are fed a
- Vitamin E is 4 times higher in grass fed cattle, and even 2 times higher than cattle receiving a Vitamin E supplement. Vitamin E is important to our health as it lowers risk of heart disease and cancer. It may also have anti-aging properties.
WHERE'S THE BEEF?
The Market at Bridget’s Basket
1551 HWY 39 • HUNT, TEXAS
Come check out our grass-fed, hormone and antibiotic-free beef at The Market at Bridget’s Basket. Now you can enjoy our delicious beef and treat your family to a healthier beef than you can buy at the grocery. Right now The Market is the exclusive outlet for Cook Land & Cattle Company.